You're in the right place.

Season 5 is here! Stick around as I dish out delicious commentary on our favorite British household on this exclusive special features podcast. See you there.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Season 2, Episode 7


In this podcast episode, we talk about notable events from the season 2 finale of Downton Abbey:

  • Thomas back and moving up
  • Bates guilty verdict and reprieve
  • Edith and Sir Anthony
  • Mary and Matthew - together!

We also discuss some unresolved plot lines that the show has asked that we invest emotion into - and then we never hear about them again! I'm sure there are more. Please leave a comment letting me know of others if you think of them.

In the interrum between season 2 and season 3, expect some podcast episodes covering season 1 and earlier season 2 Downton Abbey episodes. Also, I will do some character studies - let me know in a comment who you would like to hear about first!

If you come across a notable Downton Abbey resource (blog, paper doll, etc.), be sure to mention it in a comment so that I can spread the word.

Also, as promised, here is the link to the awesome Downton Abbey paper dolls I mentioned. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Carrie, just wanted to say that I am enjoying the podcast, and thanks for the work you are putting into it. It is the best DA podcast that I have found.

    Do you know of any other good podcasts dedicated to period drama?

    My wife and I have also just started a podcast; it is a fortnightly podcast which brings together period drama and sci-fi (sounds a bit strange at first but I think it works...she likes period drama and I like sci-fi). At the moment we are doing an audio commentary of the BBC's 2009 adaption of Emma every second episode, and on the in-between episodes, a book review or something similar relating to period drama. When we get to some Downton Abbey content, a bit further down the track, I will let you know :)

    http://austenspace.libsyn.com/

    Keep up the good work.

    Steve Walker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve! Thanks for the comment. I am intrigued by the period drama/sci-fi endeavor! I will definitely check out the podcast.

    I can imagine there are other period drama podcasts out there, though I couldn't name any for you. If I come across any, I'll be sure to let DA Reflection listeners know!

    ReplyDelete