You're in the right place.

Season 5 is here! Stick around as I dish out delicious commentary on our favorite British household on this exclusive special features podcast. See you there.

Monday, February 13, 2012

Season 2, Episode 6



In this episode of the Downton Abbey Reflection, we discuss episode 6 of season 2.

We start off this episode by asking some big questions that the episode leaves us asking. If you have an opinion on these topics, please let me know by leaving a comment. I'll address your comments on the next episode of the Downton Abbey Reflection.

Big questions:
Will Daisy accept kinship with William's father?
What's going to happen to Thomas?
Will Sybil be happy with Branson?
Is Cora and Robert's marriage in jeopardy?
Will Edith ever marry?
and of course - Will Matthew and Mary end up together?

We then discuss the big issues of the episode. Feel free to chime in.

#1 - Jane and Robert
#2 - Richard's character
#3 - Ethyl and Bryant
#4 - Poor Thomas
#5 - Sybil and Branson
#6 - Did Bates kill Vera?
#7 - O'Brien and Cora
#8 - Mary and Matthew
#9 - Daisy - annoying?
#10 - Anna and Bates - FINALLY!

Lastly, I predict what will happen next on Downton.

Thomas will use Daisy for her money.
Thomas will attempt to take Carson's job.
"Patrick" will come back and shake things up.
Ethyl will return to Downton as a maid.
Carson and Mrs. Hughes... an item?
Bates will be on trial for murder, but will act terribly noble instead of trying to clear his name.

Let me know what you think of my predictions - and add your own!

2 comments:

  1. I love that you're doing the podcast. Looking forward to hearing the back episodes.
    My thoughts on this ep:

    1. I love that Robert finally showed weakness, but I hope that Cora never does (LOVE her!)
    2. I don't think Bates' wife killed herself, but I'm not sure why.
    3. I love that Thomas is back, but I hope he doesn't become good. I love the idea of a gay character that isn't a victim and can openly be a villain.
    4. Having said that, my main problem with the series so far is how unrealistic both Thomas and O'brien are. They seem almost like Shakespearean conspirators, but it just doesn't seem believable.

    Keep up the podcast! KC pride!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matt,

      Thanks for the comment - and thanks for listening to the podcast!
      I suppose we'll find out soon if your instincts regarding Bates' wife are correct. Honestly, I don't think she did, either. It would be too clean, too convenient - in a twisted sort of way.
      I can't imagine what the motivation for writing a good Thomas into the story would be. We love to hate him, and if was good, the show would instantly lose some of its edge.
      I am interested to see if we ever find out why Thomas and O'Brien are confidants and why they're always in cahoots. I wonder if there is a deeper reason other than they're both "bad people."

      Thanks again for listening!

      Delete