You're in the right place.

Season 5 is here! Stick around as I dish out delicious commentary on our favorite British household on this exclusive special features podcast. See you there.

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Cora: a Study



In this episode of the DA Reflection, we analyze Cora - the lady of Downton Abbey.

We discuss how Cora's American heritage plays into her behavior and attempt to identify her motives. I think it's Cora's soft voice that fools me into thinking she is a soft character. She is actually quite strong, opinionated, determined, and at times devious.

Though she married Robert for a title, and he married her for money, they have developed a charming relationship. They guard each other from what they know about their girls, as well as other matters.

It's hard to tell whose interest Cora has in mind a lot of the time. To that end, I'm looking forward to season 3 when we get to meet her mother! I can only imagine that Cora's back story will unfold like we never imagined when we see her interacting with another American, especially one so close.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your reflections. They are great, and a good tie-over until season 3. I agree with you in one podcast where you said a look into the friendship between Anna and Mary would be good. I love their friendship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the input. We'll try to get through a bit more of season 1, and then an Anna/Mary study I think would be fabulous.

      Delete